I’ve started a new blog that’s specific to movies, looking at them with a technical eye: Let’s See This Work . It’s not so much about the technical construction of movies, but rather notes from a technical person on what movies are about. There’s a main post, STEM Movie List, that gives notes and links to films with Science / Technology / Engineering / Mathematics characters, but most of the posts are reviews of films and their themes. Others are analysis: The Funniest Screenwriter of All Time, Movie Inventors – Oddballs, or a summation of IMDB keywords in What Are Movies About? The older posts are carried over from this blog. Hope you enjoy them!
- “The New Alchemy Institute” – a Tech Road Not Taken
- Moore’s Law In Spaaaace: Data Rates from Mars
- Nature Advances Fast When Humans Retreat
- Some Firsts Who Were Women
- Mad Science #7 – Radioactive Lighting
- William Gibson Reading “Agency”
- What Has the US EV Tax Credit Cost?
- The Carboniferous and the Anti-Carboniferous Eras
- Mad Science #6: Nazi Fusion Fraud
- GM Abandons Green Cars, And Blue Staters