I’ve started a new blog that’s specific to movies, looking at them with a technical eye: Let’s See This Work . It’s not so much about the technical construction of movies, but rather notes from a technical person on what movies are about. There’s a main post, STEM Movie List, that gives notes and links to films with Science / Technology / Engineering / Mathematics characters, but most of the posts are reviews of films and their themes. Others are analysis: The Funniest Screenwriter of All Time, Movie Inventors – Oddballs, or a summation of IMDB keywords in What Are Movies About? The older posts are carried over from this blog. Hope you enjoy them!
- “Lethal Tides” – Researcher Heroines of WW II
- Why Does “Avatar” Look So Dated?
- Musk Really Is Like Tesla, But Not In a Good Way
- “The Mountain in the Sea” – Aliens Among Us
- The Netherlands Would Be a Pretty Nice Future
- Why Care That “The Rings of Power” Is Mediocre?
- Obscure Creators of the World #1 – Federico Faggin
- Ukraine v Russia Is a Tech War Like Union v Confederacy
- My Mother Was a Ukrainian Refugee
- Following in the Parents’ Footsteps
Join 27 other subscribers