I’ve started a new blog that’s specific to movies, looking at them with a technical eye: Let’s See This Work . It’s not so much about the technical construction of movies, but rather notes from a technical person on what movies are about. There’s a main post, STEM Movie List, that gives notes and links to films with Science / Technology / Engineering / Mathematics characters, but most of the posts are reviews of films and their themes. Others are analysis: The Funniest Screenwriter of All Time, Movie Inventors – Oddballs, or a summation of IMDB keywords in What Are Movies About? The older posts are carried over from this blog. Hope you enjoy them!
- A Heinlein Meme Started the Space Race
- Space Is Not That Big
- MIT On Climate Change
- Is “The Biggest Little Farm” For Real?
- Mad Science #5: Fluorine-Based Rocket Fuels
- “Big Lonely Doug” – An Alien Stranded on Humanity’s Earth
- “They Shall Not Grow Old” – the Movie Memorial of WW I
- Nothing Has Ever Been Manufactured in Space
- The Best-Looking Movies of the 20th Century
- Peak Gas Cars Are Already Past