I’ve started a new blog that’s specific to movies, looking at them with a technical eye: Let’s See This Work . It’s not so much about the technical construction of movies, but rather notes from a technical person on what movies are about. There’s a main post, STEM Movie List, that gives notes and links to films with Science / Technology / Engineering / Mathematics characters, but most of the posts are reviews of films and their themes. Others are analysis: The Funniest Screenwriter of All Time, Movie Inventors – Oddballs, or a summation of IMDB keywords in What Are Movies About? The older posts are carried over from this blog. Hope you enjoy them!
- Ukraine v Russia Is a Tech War Like Union v Confederacy
- My Mother Was a Ukrainian Refugee
- Following in the Parents’ Footsteps
- Launching US Rockets From Soviet Bombers
- Ekranoplans are Back! Maybe. The Regent Seaglider
- How Re-industrialization Now Works: GO Lab and Wood Fiber Insulation
- Why Care That “Foundation” Is Bad?
- Space vs Balloon Tourism
- The First Exa-Transistor Computer
- Every Thing Can Be Improved – GRK Fasteners